Welcome to Nick's house.
Pull up a chair - make yourself comfortable.
The door is locked now - you're going to be here for a while. Maybe forever.

Sunday 16 September 2012

Six Word Stories

I'm sure most people have heard of the great Hemingway short story that consisted of only six words.

For sale: baby shoes, never worn.

Those six powerful words are impossible to emulate, however, in Nick's house, we can but try.

These aren't by me but my eleven year old son. (Mine are inaccessible at present. Later.)

By Jacob Burrill:

Investigation is closed, but not solved.

Friends are gone, but not forgotten.

Aliens may attack or could abduct.

Wake up. Out of bed. Dead.

London bridge falling down. People scream.  (My favourite.)

Let's hope he writes more, I think there is a new talent emerging.

No comments:

Post a Comment