Welcome to Nick's house.
Pull up a chair - make yourself comfortable.
The door is locked now - you're going to be here for a while. Maybe forever.

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Help me!

Ok. I've not been on here for a while because I've been uber busy. I finally published NRPD: The mean streets on the Kindle and I seem to spend most of my time marketing the book instead of writing. But that's not the problem.
The problem is I'm about to do something totally uncool, but I have good reason (I think).
I'm going to...
review my own book on Amazon.
I don't think it's the done thing. Although I've beenm pushed into it and I'll tell you why.
Since NRPD went live I've received great reviews on the amazon.co.uk website. It's been brilliant. If anyone looks on the website the reviews are giving me 4.7 stars. Fantastic.
But... on the American version amazon.com I've only got one review. It claims that the book is boring and the reviewer didn't even read it fully. It only gave me one star.
I am very glad that people take the time to review and I can appreicate differing views. But there is a massive difference between the two websites, and the review that everyone sees in Germany, and Canada, and Italy, and everywhere in the world apart from England is the unfair review. I have complained to amazon but they cannot change it and they cannot add the good reviews to the .com site either. This would give a fairer view of opinions of my book.
So I'm going to review my own book on the .com site and quote the good reviews.
This is where anybody who has read NRPD can help me. Please review it. If you don't like it then that's fine, just review it fairly. If you haven't got NRPD then I'll let you into a secret - (whispers) it's free on the 20th April - viewBook.at/B00APOHSV0 download it, read it, review it.
I'll let you know how I get on.
Cheers, Nick 

1 comment:

  1. You bring up a really excellent point that I don't think anyone's addressed so far -- how the international Amazon websites add the US reviews, and in your case, it's perfectly demonstrated how unfair and backwards the system can be.

    Make sure you post another blog update/tweets when your book goes free (in case I forget).

    I'll be sure to read 1/3 of it and leave a 5-star review (It's only fair since that 1 star reviewer read 1/3 too lol)

    :)

    ReplyDelete