Welcome to Nick's house.
Pull up a chair - make yourself comfortable.
The door is locked now - you're going to be here for a while. Maybe forever.

Thursday 30 January 2014

So, what you think?

A brand new looking blog. Ah, as fresh as your morning coffee.
I have been a bit fed up with the layout of the blog recently, as I said in my last post, so, here we are.
The pictures are of Rochdale Town hall, where the culmination of NRPD: The mean streets, my lovely novel, happens. Of course it's a bit more modern now than in these old pictures. They have inside toilets and everything. In the older picture from 1874 the more observant viewer will notice a different clock tower. It actually burnt down in April, 1883. The new one was built in 1888. The funny thing was the fire brigade were stationed directly behind the town hall and were on the scene in seconds. Unfortunately, in 1883, the water pump had to build pressure so it could squirt out. This was achieved by the turning of the wheels of the horse-drawn carriage. The fire brigade had to circle the town hall to build up the pressure and it took that long the bloody thing was cinders before the fireman had their hoses out. Shame, it looked cool.
Anyway, enough of that. What do you think? Is it better? Does it matter?
The one thing is that the new layout might give me more impetus to keep you all informed of my writing endeavours and such.
Got to go now, I'm have to go and ice a cake I've made. And it's not out of a packet from Tesco or anything, and anybody who says so is a liar.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment